In the 21st century, the internet plays a key part in our daily lives and at Osidge the online world plays a vital part in the children’s learning.
Online Safety encompasses learning how to stay safe using the internet and communicating safely using mobile phones and other devices. We want to educate our children by making them aware about the benefits and risks of using technology safely.
Every half term in school the children complete a number of tasks to remind them how to stay safe online.
Here is a short video on 5 top tips to stay safe when online.
We have also created some useful videos to support parents with online safety at home:
Our Digital leaders help promote computing across the school as well as encourage and support children to stay safe when online.
Here are some of their duties:
- Lead Computing assemblies
- Lead Online Safety assemblies
- Create posters for around the school to promote ways to stay safe when online
- Report problems to the Computing Lead
- Carry out workshops on Internet Safer Day
Here are some useful links for keeping safe online
- Think U know – thinkuknow.co.uk
- Know It All – childnet.com/resources/kia
- Childline – childline.org.uk
- CEOP – ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
- CBBC – www.bbc.com/ownit
- Parent Info – parentinfo.org
- Kids Online World – kidsonlineworld.com
- Please click here to download our Online Safety policy.
- Please click here to download our Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Please click here to download our Acceptable use of Cameras and Mobile phone policy.